Tuesday, September 6, 2011

PRAGUE


Angels and Airwaves 'Adventure' (awesome song/lyrics, kinda weird video)


Yesterday morning I arrived in Prague to meet katie and tori for the week. after I dropped off my two medium suitcases and two carry ons, Katie and i walked into the old town while tori was in class. The city is beautiful. on Shabbos my Grandfather told me how he went to Prague for a couple days after the war before he went off to Germany to eventually find my Grandmother. He told me about the big square in the middle of the town, so when i walked into the square i envisioned my grandfather seeing the same thing just 70 ish years before. Theres this huge tower where every hour on the hour a trumpeter comes out and places on all sides of the tower. Its pretty funny how many people gather every hour to watch him. The buildings are stunning and I literally feel like I am in 'Its a small word' at Disneyland because they are all different colours (the NYU building is light blue) and are all finely decorated with either paintings, sculptures, or intricate architecture. At night we went out to a local bar and I tried an authentic Prague beer. It was great.

Today we woke up and took the tram into town and walked around the city a bit and then into the NYU building which leads me to the computer lab which leads me to this blog entry. Katie and Tori have class now for a few hours so I've arranged to meet the Chabad Rebetzin soon so I could get to know her before we go for the for Shabbos meals and I could ask them about the hechshers because its pretty confusing.

More to come lata

No comments:

Post a Comment